Grassroutes Networking is looking to expand our Workstation Support team in the Raleigh, NC area. This position is full-time and is available as either salary or contract-to-hire.
As part of our ITSecureTM suite of services, the ability to effectively monitor, manage and secure our clients’ in-office networks is an essential requirement. In this position, you will be required to provide PC/Desktop support (in addition to other peripherals such as network printers, scanners, wireless routers, etc.) both remotely and on premise. You will also be responsible for installing software necessary to enable the monitoring, access and compliance services that Grassroutes Networking provides.
This position will require, at times, the ability to assess a client’s current state and put together recommendations for improvement that align with the client’s desired future state. It will also be your responsibility to implement those recommendations once approved.
You will also be required to manage support and trouble tickets, either entered by a client or entered by you on behalf of a client, in a timely and professional manner.
To be an effective Workstation Support Engineer at Grassroutes Networking, you must be good at:
- Windows 7, 8.x and 10 management, troubleshooting, and support
- Office networking; both wired and wireless
- Identifying and resolving performance issues within a client’s network
- Active Directory setup and management, including Global Policy Objects (GPOs)
- Time tracking
- Procedural and knowledge base documentation
- Virus/malware/spyware removal
As a Workstation Support Engineer at Grassroutes Networking, you will be called on to manage clients or projects that have atypical requirements. In our experience, some of the skillsets that will greatly improve your chances of being hugely successful in these circumstances are:
- Previously having worked at one or more organizations that have compliance requirements (primarily in the healthcare, financial or legal markets)
- Prior experience with pfSense firewalls; both the setup and administration
- Have used products by GFI and LogicNow
- Possess 1 or more certifications related to Windows or networking support
- Experience working with virtualized environments
- Internet Information Services (IIS) administration and troubleshooting experience
- Windows Server 2008, 2008R2 and 2012 management, troubleshooting, and support experience
- Familiarity with 3rd party backup solutions (both on premise and offsite) for both workstations and servers
THINGS TO CONSIDER
Grassroutes Networking is a distributed and virtual organization. If you wish to be part of the team, you will need to be able to work effectively and reliably from your home or at a client’s office. Dependability is a critical requirement for this position and failure to deliver on commitments to our clients is not an option.
Additionally, while Grassroutes Networking provides technical and customer support during normal business hours, severity 1 issues are supported 24 x 7. Workstation Support Engineers may be called upon to provide support, in these circumstances, outside of normal business hours.
To apply for this position, please send all communications to email@example.com. Please include an up-to-date resume and give a brief overview of yourself and why you believe you’re an ideal candidate to join the Grassroutes Networking team.