We’re always looking for talented IT professionals with a flexible schedule.
Who We Are
Grassroutes Networking is a distributed, elite team of folks working in the Triangle area of North Carolina. We are a family-like company providing IT services to businesses, such as data migrations, data hosting and security solutions. At Grassroutes, we believe in treating our customers the way we would want to be treated, and because of that, the relationships with our customers have been the driving force behind the success of our business.
If you’re an IT professional, or Account Executive in the Raleigh/Durham area, looking for a work from home career, we’d love to hear from you.
Position – IT Tech Support
Type – Full Time
Location – Fuquay-Varina, NC (some local travel required)
Salary – $43,500.00
Benefits – 2 weeks PTO after 6 months, Health Insurance, Training
Requirements – Reliable transportation
Experience Required – 3-5 Years
About Grassroutes Networking
Founded in 2009, Grassroutes is a growing MSP firm based in the Raleigh, NC area with a focus on growth and excellence. We serve customers across multiple industries including healthcare and financial services, so cybersecurity and data privacy are big components of the solutions we deliver.
Of utmost importance to us and to our clients are our core values: honesty, integrity, stewardship, trust, being quick to listen, accountability, and putting our customers first.
We are a Managed Services Provider (MSP) and our primary focus is on delivering continuous monitoring, management, security, and support for our customers’ endpoints and infrastructure, including workstations, servers, network equipment, on-premise and cloud-premise environments.
Responsibilities for Desktop Support Specialist
- Complete detailed reports listing requests to technical assistance, steps taken to resolve them, and the specific dates/individuals involved
- Act as the initial point of contact for all computer and system related concerns from clients or other employees
- Attend in-person meetings with clients to analyze, troubleshoot and diagnose hardware problems
- Resolve technical issues related to support of Windows 10, Printers, Office 365 or client specific software application suites
- Install and configure computer systems and applications within the client environment
Qualifications for Desktop Support Specialist
- Industry-specific certification in relevant computer languages or software may be required
- 3-5 years of proven experience in a heavy customer focus position involving and technical knowledge of a companies’ products and services
- Time-management skills and the ability to establish reasonable and attainable deadlines for resolution
- Comfortable working in and assisting others through help desk and RMM software, such as Datto RMM and Connectwise, in addition to other remote access solutions
- Accept constructive criticism and customer feedback regarding their experience with software or IT services
- Extensive experience working with different operating systems including Windows and Mac OS
- Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently
- Professional written and interpersonal skills are essential when communicating with customers and clients
- Experience installing and configuring computer systems and applications for a large company
- Basic Information Security principles and experience with malware prevention and removal solutions